Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  farayas : (22 April 2017 - 09:15 PM) Wow... It's like this place got stuck in time...
@  ryfi : (06 November 2016 - 07:28 AM) is this forum still active?
@  ryfi : (06 November 2016 - 07:27 AM) haii
@  anthra_KJJ : (30 May 2016 - 08:55 AM) Listening to TS's Faded Dreams that was made for the boys YEARS ago.
@  anthra_KJJ : (30 May 2016 - 08:31 AM) good to be back here after years. anyone still remember Anthra_JJ?
@  anthra_KJJ : (30 May 2016 - 08:31 AM) well ANNYEONGGGGGGG!!!!
@  bluelily : (05 May 2016 - 07:32 PM) Ayu!
@  hikarinome : (05 May 2016 - 07:46 AM) lily!
@  bluelily : (03 May 2016 - 02:32 PM) Nothing much.
@  kimbeollijae89 : (21 March 2016 - 10:59 AM) :D whats up?!
@  kimbeollijae89 : (21 March 2016 - 10:59 AM) bt its been so long since i last been here, i dun remember my password.
@  kimbeollijae89 : (21 March 2016 - 10:58 AM) im im not new,
@  kimbeollijae89 : (21 March 2016 - 10:58 AM) hi
@  dong5bang : (19 March 2016 - 04:34 AM) hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
@  Kattiee : (28 November 2015 - 05:52 AM) :yum:  :brooding:  :w00t:  :dance:  :hug:  and damn I've missed these smilies too
@  Kattiee : (28 November 2015 - 05:51 AM) it's been too long since we all last talked, I hope you're all well and I miss you guys
@  hikarinome : (17 October 2015 - 02:06 AM) and you have no idea how nice it is to see familiar names
@  hikarinome : (17 October 2015 - 02:05 AM) haven't been here for too long i've even forgotten my password logging in just now :(
@  hikarinome : (17 October 2015 - 02:03 AM) my goodness. i miss everything about this place
@  dongbangquang : (29 September 2015 - 08:29 PM) Omg it's been so long, my somniacs!

Photo

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Regarding Accusations Of Mistranslations By Other Fansites

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 mandasoh

mandasoh

tvxq's cutie wootie awwtastic panda

• Translators
  • 1,853 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:11 AM

Dear members,

It has come to our attention that there have been certain people from 2 of the biggest TVXQ forums/fansites going around on Twitter & Tumblr claiming that Tohosomnia's Japanese translations of Max Matsuura's latest tweets were "mistranslated", "biased" and wrong. See exhibits A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K & L.

While we are completely accepting of constructive criticisms, we were appalled that these people would go behind Tohosomnia's back and make disgusting, negative statements about our translator(s). Should they have come to us and told us that they think our translations were inaccurate, we would have been more than happy to check, and if we found that they were wrong, to admit it and rectify it.

As it is, neither of these forums/fansites brought it to our attention. Instead, defamatory statements that questioned the credibility of our translators and forum were made behind our backs. We are sad and appalled that some of the forums/fansites play such a political game, splitting up the fandom instead of uniting it, especially during such hard times.

After much consideration, we decided to release this statement as we could not let our translator(s) suffer the injustice of such accusations. We want to take the high road, but this is not the first time foul words have been said about Tohosomnia by the same bunch and it is really the last straw.

As such, we sought help from Sharingyoochun.net (SYC), who was kind enough to help us verify our translations with TWO NATIVE JAPANESE SPEAKERS. One of them reverted that Tohosomnia's translation is "perfect" while the other reverted that the phrasing of her own translation in English is a little different, but the gist of the message remains the same as Tohosomnia's.

We have confidence in our translators and stand by our opinion that the difference in translations (as accused by the other parties) were only through phrasing. However the reader wants to interpret it cannot be controlled by us and we assume no responsibility for it.

Tohosomnia would like to make it clear that we are not asking our members to make a stand for us. However, we found that it was necessary for us to at least give an explanation of the situation and clear our names in front of our members. Now that both sides have been presented, we ask that you make your own informed decision about what to believe.

We would like to thank SYC for lending us their support and standing by us through these accusations, as well as our members for their constant support! :)

Cheers,
Your Tohosomnia Staff

Posted Image
avvie: Fobbiyo | sig: HowUkno?

#2 lea_lyana

lea_lyana

Yoochun's Wife

• TVXQ!'s
  • 602 posts
  • LocationYoochun's heart??? lol...Malaysia

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:45 AM

i'm glad that this thing is settled :)
sincerely, i saw nothing wrong in your translation for that particular tweets coz i've read some translation made by other forums that though is not accurately the same (in word choice or phrases) but having the same meaning...
but yeah, i can't give further comment since i'm not a japanese native speaker...
so i'm glad that our translators' credibility is confirmed as rocking! :D
do continue giving us great translations in future neh?
well, i'm basically dead without u, subbers and translators~ :lol:

Posted ImagePosted Image

411-siggie by Farayas

-

#3 Shawnodese

Shawnodese

To my groom... <3

• Jaejoong's
  • 2,281 posts
  • LocationIstanbul~TURKEY

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:37 AM

Their behavior was really unkind :yuk: If they see some mistakes or mistranslatings in your translations They should infomr you and open it to discuss at least. They just blame. At least You try something to unite TVXQ fans here and You're trying for us. Do they do something other than blaming?? I just got angry with them. We're saying that We're family but looks like they don't think like that :brooding:
Anyway I'm so glad that Your translations are classified perfect fomr a native speaker. So there's no problem for us :cloud9:
Thanks for all your hardwork guys! We love you Guys!! Without you I wouldn't be a fan like this :hug: <3<3<3<3<3

Posted Image
Posted Image
Shawnodese@tohosomnia.net

#4 farayas

farayas

.:Changmin's Toujin:.

• Changmin's
  • 1,389 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:47 AM

First of all, translators are like the unsung heroes of the international fandom world. They get so little credit for what they do, when they could actually be doing other more important stuff. Not that I'm saying that what they do is not important. Geez, what I'm trying to say is ILY guys to bits for everything you do. To hell with what others think. :hug:

In the past, when I still bothered, I roughly translated tweets from the Japan side of management. Just to get a hint of things, really. A couple of hours later, proper translations from TS staff would come up. For as much as I can remember, they've always been similar to what I got, so I can't see what the real problem is. Maybe those flamers are just jealous? :confused:

I'm really disgusted about what those people said about TS translators. To represent the most known TVXQ fansite/forum and speak in such a manner is just unprofessional and degrading. They could have handled it in an entirely different way but sadly, they chose to be like this. In the end, I think this just showed their unsightly behaviour rather than the "incredibility" of TS translators.

Lastly, here's a hug for every translator that has provided me with info. I love you guys! :hug:

p/s: I apologize for my longwinded-ness ^^;; I'm just emo~

Posted Image
"The cut-up truths everyone changes as they please, slowly become exaggerated lies."
- Rumor, KYHD -

#5 toffeetama

toffeetama

I'll wait for you. Come what may.

• TVX
  • 239 posts
  • LocationIn my daydreams...

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:44 PM

Awww...Thats mean. WE should be thanking translators, because without them, international ans would NEVER be able to understand anything related to the boys. Truly, thank you all!

If only they had played nicely rather than badmouthing. What a horrible thing to do.

Atleast it's all cleared up now ^^ Thank you for the clarification!

My 411!~My Twitter!

#6 imprinted

imprinted

Junsu <3

• TVXQ!'s
  • 942 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:09 PM

I would never ever go behind our translators back and start defamatory.
Being an accurate translator is NOT an EASY job!
I know this cause it's something that I learned from a translator test, thus my appreciation for our translator is doubled.
I dare them to translate something from a japanese or korean site
If they can translate something so well, then go ahead and criticize the works of other.
Otherwise, if you are not a fluent korean or japanese or whatever language you are translating, I suggest you keep your trash talking mouth shut.

Tohosomnia Translators: You guys make a huge difference. I thank you for doing your jobs, always :)

Posted Image
Credits: Eternalove @ tohosomnia.net

#7 allsaints

allsaints

~TVXQian~

• TVXQ!'s
  • 621 posts
  • Locationwhere they belong to~

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:17 PM

aihhh~ i have no idea what else to do with those meanies who have nothing better to do than to divide instead of unify~ i do agree that IF they did find something wrong, they should have approached the translators to clarify instead of just spreading it around just to cause an uproar for fans... it's frustrating and confusing especially to those who do not join forums... i'm sure it is even more frustrating to the staff here @ TS...

i'm thankful that we (TS) didn't lash it out on them instead sought help from SYC to help clarify it... ^^ smart move~

our translators here @ TS are all creditable...
BIG :hug: for all our translators who've worked hard for us~
we fans wouldn't know anything about our boys if it wasn't for u guys~
keep up the good great works...
for and with the love of our boys~~

ignore meanies~ ^^ :hug:
we stand by Tohosomnia.net~

Posted Image

#8 yuujae

yuujae

Jaejoong's Wife

• Jaejoong's
  • 2,998 posts
  • Locationin jaejoong's heart

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:40 AM

I've seen the war at tweeter and sadly, i really can't comprehend the bashing that was done. They should have approach you guys if they're not satisfied rather than go explosively mad-bashing on the net. At a time like this, fans should unite and yet we're fighting over this issue that could have been easily solve if they just ask. Sigh~

Being a translator is not easy. To translate korean/japanese articles into english while maintaining the essence of the article is super hard. So kudos to our translators who had done agood job in bringing news to us fans.

The Evil One 411

Posted Image

#9 anthra_JJ

anthra_JJ

A fresh MMP pawn

• TVXQ!'s
  • 516 posts
  • LocationDongBangShinKi-do

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:47 AM

I trust TS translators most when it comes to news regarding the boys. their way of expressing our translators 'so-called inaccuracy' is mean and childish. they just like anti-tvxq fans who start bashing tvxq in sites without proof or firm standings. Tohosomnia family knows that our translators are doing their very best to feed us about the boys updates. so it's AKTF with Tohosomnia Forums XD

Posted Image

avie by Jac and siggie by Farayas

Know Me - 411 & Blog: Speak and Breath DBSK

#10 PurplexLine

PurplexLine

Mrs. Flying Squirrel *rawrrr*

• TVXQ!'s
  • 580 posts
  • LocationGood ol' England!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:37 AM

i am appaled at this behaviour by these supposed judges! i mean how dare they!!! they should at least have had some regard of the translator's feeling and all the hard wrok she had obviously put in to translate the piece!!

i mean bashing each other, especially in sucha time where we're all supposed to be united for TVXQ, is just not done!!!

anyhoo, i have every faith in u ts! i believe in you <3

Posted Image

#11 DBSKBoA

DBSKBoA

TV

• TV
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:11 PM

Ignore those haters. I love your translations for the articles and look forward to more of them. ;)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

credit for both avatar and sig: Eternalove @ tohosomnia.net

#12 Nadhi

Nadhi

HOSU ★

• TV
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:15 PM

whut what? that's bad. ppl shouldn't do that. its called being rude. really, i hate someone like that. they should respect the translators
its fine, this prob is solved. YAY!

#13 RomalaG.Rhica

RomalaG.Rhica

• Validating
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:04 AM

Hello I find no solution with projecting a film on a picture by using 2 layers - both must be able to fade in and out. But fade works only in "transparent-mode" but the higher layer must be run in "maximum-mode" to let the lower layer be seen. The effect must be like two projectors working at the same time - one with a film the other with a picture. Has someone the same problem? Thnak you in advance...

#14 Ira G.Rhica

Ira G.Rhica

• Validating
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:29 AM

I dont think Ill actually buy from ALD. В Not that I think there is really anything wrong with them, just dont know why Id choose them since they dont even sell US tanned leather apparently. В Does anyone get USВ leather from Tandy?

#15 Мебель каталог

Мебель каталог

• Validating
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:32 AM

If your posting a photo to be an [b][color=red]HINYHINDER[/b][/color] towards someone, dont post it. If typing the words wouldnt fly, posting a picture isnt going to either. There is a BIG difference between posting to be funny, dry humor or not, and posting to put someone down. That more direct? Приобретая мебель для гостиных комнат, нужно не забывать о том, что она должна гармонировать с общим стилем помещения и соответствовать всем требованиям членов семьи. Если кто-то любит смотреть телевизор сидя, выбирают удобные кресла с подголовниками, для любителей полежать во время просмотра телепередач на диване должны быть удобные подлокотники и подушки. Купить мебель в гостиную в Москве, удовлетворяющую все самые требовательные запросы, не составит труда, если подойти к этому вопросу грамотно. Прежде всего, нужно определиться, какая мебель вам нужна и где она будет размещаться. Выбирая угловой диван, нужно не забывать, что он может быть право- и левосторонним. Хорошо перед покупкой прикоснуться к обивке, посидеть на понравившемся кресле, или даже полежать на диване, чтобы понять, насколько они удобны. Если покупка происходит в интернет-магазине, выбранную модель почти всегда можно увидеть в обычных мебельных салонах, многие интернет-магазины имеют выставочные залы для удобства покупателей. Правильно выбранная мебель для гостинной будет каждый день приносить радость, способствовать расслаблению и приятному отдыху после трудного дня. Официальный сайт: http://1stbest.info/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

English-subtitled Korean Dramas up to 77% Off